You have my gratitude, keep me going.

Recover the American kitchen.

Search This Blog

Friday, January 18, 2013

The 50th article. Gratitude.


 Yes, that's right, it's my 50th time reaching out to you. As it so happens I have a story to tell.
Something happened to me this week, something wonderful. I'm struggling with words to tell you because nothing I can say will convey how overwhelmed I'm feeling today.

 As I was leaving for work this morning I spied a package sitting by the side-gate. I took it inside and opened it. The contents are the subject of the picture above, a purple Chef Coat. There's a letter, here it is in it's entirety.

 Dear Nick
 We're sorry this didn't make it for Christmas but the embroidery took longer than we thought. We just wanted to send you something that would let you know how much we love you.  You never forget our birthdays, you check up on us when we're down, you call us out of the blue to make us smile. You are always so positive and encouraging even in the worst times and we just wanted to say thank you. We know this last year was tough on you but please, keep smiling. 
 A bunch of us

No names, but if I know anything I know it was the WHS RAMS. Purple Pride!!

Now a few words of my own. You came to me during one of the worst times of my life. Each one of you is a treasure beyond price. You raise me up and give me joy everyday. I wouldn't have made it through without your friendship. Truly. I owe you all so much. Yes, the last few years have been hard for so many of us but I truly believe that if we stick together we will yet see our best days.

I'm going to wear this jacket with great pride. I'm a WHS RAM class of '84 and I'm feeling darn well blessed and magnificent today. A thousand times THANK YOU!! GO RAMS GO !!

Cooking poor, eating rich
get your grub on
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment